Monday, June 7, 2010

Why I call myself moonmother


It's really a simple explanation, I wasn't ordained a shaman or anything. I've not traveled to the moon, or joined a coven of witches. The reason I call myself moonmother is 1: I'm a mother, and 2: I follow the cycles of the moon closely. The moon and its tides and pulls have always had a strong impression or even sensation effecting my mind, body, and soul. Several moons ago..lol I started training to become a doula. I needed to think of a cool name for my advertisements and went with moonmother, never knowing at the time that being a doula wasn't going to become a career for me or that the name would become my online identity.

Now let me back up, some may be asking what is a doula? A doula is a non-medical individual who assist women with natural births in or out of hospitals settings. Google it if you want, I'm moving on.

I guess I should take this time to introduce myself, other then my namesake, and let you enter world of an AZ summer housewife. "Housewife" isn't that the ultimate label. I've never been one for labels but this one I've never been able to escape. Why would I want to escape it, I mean shoot I'm a housewife, I'm a mother, really can't change that even if I wanted too. I can't take a pill for it and hopes it goes away. It's the one label that will always and be forever a defining aspect of who I am. Well now that we've established I'm a housewife there is a little more to who I am as a human being. I'm 31 and have lived a post gypsy life traveling across the various states as a military brat in both the Army and Air Force. I've lived in Texas, North Carolina, Texas again, New Mexico, Texas again, and then back to New Mexico, and finally found my resting place in Arizona. The land of the heat and various political standpoints I find myself constantly trying to wrap my head around. It is the last place I would of consider a home for myself and it is why today I am starting this blog to yet again survive another AZ summer. I'm going to stop there and save this introduction for tomorrow. I have a tendency to talk to much and computers are not exceptions. If I don't pace myself then there really would be no need for this blog, it would just be a very very long letter. Till tomorrow my blogging friends......

PS. The weather here today is 103 ...pretty mild so far just wait till its 115. What was the weather in your area?


No comments:

Post a Comment